Monday, July 11, 2011

OMG my lease is up and I'm screwed!!

Well, after the divorce I moved to the city in hopes that I would find a great job and meet a fabulous man.  I also thought that since one son lived with me and the other 2 were only 3 blocks away that I would see them often and fantasised about Sunday dinners and life as it always was (without dad).  I was naive, hardly saw the one living with me and never saw the others except on Thanksgiving and Christmas.  So, at the end of that lease it was back to Oak Park and a much, much smaller and cheaper apartment.  So far my cash divorce settlement was winding down considerably and I had to get some income. 

My new apartment was 1/3 the cost of the city apartment but guess what?  people don't want to hire a 60 year old.  I think the HR people reading the resumes (the work resume is very old school I was told)  are in their 20's and figure I'm as old as their grandmother so into the trash it goes.  The 20 and 30 year olds today grew up on computers and know them like they know how to walk.  It's hard to compete with that.  Real estate still in the tank, I made a few sales here and there. Took a retail job that I really loved, but the money was still not enough to stop the outpouring of dollars.  Panic set in when I learned my rent would be increased at the end of my lease and I would have to pay for parking I still had no insurance and my car needed work.

The horoscope I had stuck on the fridge said that major changes were coming in my life in June.  And that by July I could finally after several years. . . . . .breath.  How true it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment