Saturday, July 16, 2011

I Miss The City

Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love living at the beach but I'm finding I'm surrounded by either staunch Republicans or people who are totally non-political.  I'm used to a much more lively conversation than I'm getting up here. 

The place looks great though, and I'm off today for a 3 hour drive to meet up with my family for a family party.  More questions, more comments on my wardrobe, more career suggestions, everyone is an expert on what I should do with my life.  I just want to be a guest and enjoy myself.  When you're divorced everyone has to comment and everyone knows better than you do about your life. I was at a party not long ago and told people I was a widow.  Funny, they all said they were sorry and just dropped the conversation.  It was very freeing.  I didn't feel like I was really lying, since in a since I am a widow.  My ex husband isn't dead but my marraige and life plans certainly are.  Might use that one again when I just don't feel like listening to all the shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment