Monday, September 28, 2015

Last night was the beautiful blood moon lunar eclipse. My neighbors all walked down to the beach and sat in the moonlight, drinking wine enjoying the beauty of the eclipse. I noticed all (but me) were couples. Don't get me wrong, I had a good time, but I was the only single there. When we parted ways, as they all walked home I could hear all the couples laughing, talking about the evening. My walk was in silence. These are the parts of my new life I never can get used to. No mater how much fun I have when I go out, the drive or walk home is lonely and quiet. The quiet can be deafening.  Coming home from a play or movie...no one to talk to about the evening.  Not horrible, just new (if you call 5 years new).

A friend mentioned to me that she found out a guy I met earlier in the summer was indeed single. I felt like I had practically thrown myself at him, but no response.  I did a little "cyber snooping" and discovered where he lives. Now what?  Drive by his house like I did when I was 16?  My luck if I did that he'd call the cops.  My next post might be looking for donations for bail money.  (haha)










3 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading your blog. Your thoughts are so reflective of so many of us and I enjoy how you can add a sense of humor in with the pain. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me coming home from a play or movie with no one to talk about it is better than having someone to talk to but they had no interest in talking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how are you doing now? I still cannot stop thinking of mine who dumped me because his youngest and fairest"daughter ( 40 ) wanted him to keep on grieving for his late wife ( 5 years gone and unfortunately 5 years with dementia before that ) I keep thinking I don't want to go on, I miss him so much.

    ReplyDelete