Sunday, July 5, 2015

Happy 4th of July!

Alone on the 4th. Lonely.  I spent the weekend getting the house ready for my guests this weekend. I could hear all the neighbors down at the beach with their families and smell the grills. At night there was fireworks down at the beach but I stayed in. I've lived here for 5 years. I love the beach and the beauty up here, but the last 2 years have seen Lake Michigan at it's highest in years so bye bye beach which is a total bummer for me since to me, that was a huge part of my decision to move up here.
What if I moved back? Would it be the same? I have friends there, but who knows if they're not going to move away and then what? My kids are there, but same thing, who knows if they are staying in Chicago for a long time?  They say you can never go home again.....hmmmm. I certainly don't want to move to a new place and start this whole thing over again. It's here or there.

The dating sights are pretty active lately.  I was contacted by a guy who looks like potential. I even sent him my phone number. Never did that before. Just had a feeling.There's another guy I'm meeting up with in 2 weeks (has a boat!) We'll see.  The woman who owns the store at which I work says you can forecast the crowds by the fishing reports. I've paid attention and the dating sights get active along with the fishing reports. When the fish get active, the guys do to I guess. Pretty funny. I'll report how it works out.






3 comments:

  1. I love this blog Linda! Thank you for sharing your life with us. I am 62 and getting a divorce from a 22 year marriage! I can really relate to a lot of your concerns. Please keep writing, I have learned a lot just reading your blog. Again thank you. - Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what Cyndy wrote. I am 62 as well and separating after 29 years of marriage. Sure not an easy time of life to be starting anew. Knowing I am not the only one going through this helps. - Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. 62, still working in a high rise downtown LA, commute by bus, married to handsome, employed man with anger management problems. Things are not always as they appear to be.

    I would love to try cottage in the woods on the shore -- nature abounding. I realize things are lonely and financially tough. Perhaps you could rent out your second bedroom to miserable working wives and we could console each other. Hugs to you and high hopes for you in all that life holds for you.

    ReplyDelete